Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 13...Faith Abigail


oday is Faith's "Thankful" day ;) they are enjoying reading these themselves!

(You'll see a recurring theme over the next few days, the devil tried to destroy our seed at the beginning, for I truly believe he knows their future is so great)

So here goes...When Rhema was 4 months, we were sitting in church on a Sunday in Groveland Florida. Sis
Judy Langley began singing "Faith, faith, faith, just a little bit of faith" and I had a vision of a young girl with long black hair laying her hands on the sick and they were being healed. I remember squeezing Rhema as a confirmation that it was her, but I heard a voice say,
"no, she will also do greatness, but this one you see is another, you will have a baby girl and name her Faith, for she will increase your faith" About 3 weeks later I found that against all medical "odds" I was pregnant.

At our 20 week scan, they told me our baby girl had a growth in her brain, and that she would either be born with down syndrome or severe mental impairments. We had a follow up scan at 28 weeks, And I tell you, those were some of the hardest weeks as we waited. In our fear, we also had faith, and believed that God spoke to us about this child that we felt was supernaturally given to us.

Well, If you know Faith today, you know shes one of the brightest children, a child who at 4 was giving her Dad a discourse of why Judas betrayed Jesus and how although wrong, was part of the sovereign plan of God...I've never met a child who is so wise beyond her years, and at the same time burdened by this wisdom, this knowledge, for she takes things like world poverty and human suffering to heart. I thank the Lord for leading me to homeschool her this year, daily praying for those burdens she carries. Slowly i see her able to trust in the Lord and search her Bible (and pick her Dad's brain). As her Mom-Mom says "she's an old soul" and her Pop-Pop says "she's like talking to an adult, I can't pull one over on her like the others!!!" :)

Faith is my big helper and the twins second mommy, a blessing to us in such a tiny body (with that long black hair)...I truly believe the days are upon us where we will see her exercising those healing gifts i saw 11 years ago, for at no other time have we as a family been more hungry for the move of God, and in a place where so many others are as well...so watch out, we may just be raising the next Kathryn Kuhlman, and for being entrusted with such a girl, we are truly grateful...

No comments: