Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oooooyy

I woke up this morning overhearing my girls talking about Justin Bieber. I thought the obsession was contained but yesterdays movie experience for them put their craze over the top. Faith says to Rhema "sigh, I just can't stop thinking about him!" Rhema says "I just want to meet him! I had a dream that he gave me 30 tickets to see him everywhere he went" Faith respsonds "you know what's so sad??? He doesn't even know we exist! How can we change that?". I laughed outloud and they realized i was listenig...ahh Faith, always the one to need an answer to everything lol

And if that wasn't enough, Rhema takes me aside and says to me "I did something in the bathroom" Ooy, I was dreading what she would say because of what our family had just been thru, but was instantly relieved when she said she had shaved her legs!

Relief soon turned to shock as I realized my oldest is swiftly becoming a young lady and quite without my consent! Please, please stay as naive as possible! Continue playing store and dollhouse!!! I'm not ready for this yet...

But alas, life never does stay the same, and we are forced to let them grow and go, for we are just their caretakers along their journey of life. I just wish we could freeze certain moments like their birth...that feeling of relief and joy all in one, or their heavy downy head as it rests on your shoulder...their first goofy smile, their first coo as they lock eyes and try and tell you they love you. The first time they discover their hand, and that it goes with them everywhere. That first giggle that you want to capture a million times over. Their first taste of food and the expression they give as they gag on a new texture. Their first time sitting up, then toppling over, and their gusty cry of shock. That first wobbling step and then, then you realize your in for it! The journey now has truly begun...and here I am, in shock that my oldest shaved her legs all by herself! And so I finish the note just how I started it...OOY!!!


No comments: