Monday, May 24, 2010

The party is inside

There's a party inside me. Beyond feet, and toes, hands, fists, and elbows squishing and moving all around, there is a quiet excitement that is beginning to build by the day. I'm realizing as the movements get much stronger and forceful, that these moments are soon to be gone, and the twins will no longer be wrestling inside, they will be in my arms.

What will these little ones look like? What will their personalities be? I sometimes find myself with a nervous tingle inside, realizing that in just a few short weeks, I will be embarking on a whole new world. The world of multiples. Not only multiples, but identical ones.

I got into a conversation the other day with my neighbor who is an identical twin. She told me of a time when she had her blood drawn, and her sister was at school. The sister was squeemish around blood, so they didn't tell her where her twin was going. When she had her blood drawn, her parents received a call saying the sister had fainted in class, at the EXACT time her twin was having her blood drawn.

A girl from my church married an identical twin. The other day at a the soft ball field, I asked her if her husband and his twin truly did have a secret language. She affirmed all I've been reading. Not only do they have their own language, they also both went into the army, and still to this day can't go one day without talking...

So while I am a bit concerned about how our already large family will handle the addition of not one but two more, I can't help but with the anxiousness, also feel honored to watch something so unique and so uncommon take place right under our own roof...one person who was just one person for 8 days, split into two people...

Who started first? I will always wonder that. And what is he going to do that the Lord saw that his destiny would be so great, he needed not just a mother, a father, a sister or even a brother, but an identical brother, bonded together by the same DNA. That fact alone truly is worth the sleepless nights, severe morning sickness, constant uncomfortableness, heartburn and headaches I've endured these last 8 months.

I love you Judah and Zion, and I can't wait to meet you.
Watching you grow will be an art. An art that I am master of, and I will forever study the wonder that is YOU. (both)


No comments: