Thursday, June 30, 2011

A moving prayer

I know we are called. I know we are meant to be in Texas. I know God is opening doors, windows and skylights. I know He is orchastrating details and fitting the pieces of the puzzle of our lives perfectly. All I ask Lord is that the ache in my heart for my kids will lessen. They are leaving behind all they know to be constant and secure. Memories, their home, their big back yard that's been a treasure chest of adventures...frogs, fallen logs to ballance on, crows to scare, deer to silently watch, rocks to climb, swings to soar, woods to explore, wildflowers to pick, mudpies, colorful, bright leaves to rake and jump in, snowmen to create...then there's their friends and neighbors who feel more like family then mere street sharers...family, cousins, grandparents, family vacations at the lake, and so much more...

Give me wisdom to say the right words to them, and the patience to continually ease their fears. Give me extra love and grace to always find the strength to offer one more hug and and one more reasurring smile. They are Your children before they are mine. You care for them so much more than I ever could. You have their best interests at heart and know their future is bright. I trust You, I move forward with joy and anticipation knowing this is Your leading, and where You lead and we obey, there are blessings to be found. So thank You for the peace that passes all understanding, both in my heart and in my babies hearts, amen.


No comments: